Neighbours are encouraged to speak to dog owners if they are concerned about excessive barking.
If the barking continues to be unreasonable, please contact the City on 9550 3777 to have a Ranger investigate your complaint. The Ranger will provide you with the following information:
- a 'Bark Card';
- a Nuisance Dog Complaint completion guide;
- a Nuisance Dog Diary and
- a Form 7 Nuisance Barking Dog Complaint
Initially you may wish to use the ‘Bark Card’ which allows you to anonymously make your neighbour aware that you are affected by their dog(s) behaviour.
If you do not wish to use the 'Bark Card', or if you feel that the situation has not improved you will be required to complete a Dog Nuisance Diary. The Diary must be completed over (7) seven days noting each time you are affected by the dog nuisance.
To proceed with your complaint, please ensure you have provided the following within 14-21 days of the initial complaint:
- Form 7 complaint as to a nuisance dog
- (7) seven day nuisance diary
- Any other evidence to substantiate the complaint.
Once complete, return to Ranger Services either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at one of the below locations
- City of Mandurah - 3 Peel Street, Mandurah, 8.15am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
- Falcon eLibrary - corner of Flavia Street and Cobblers Street, Falcon, 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
When Ranger Services have received your completed Dog Nuisance Pack, a ranger will review the information and evidence provided and contact you to discuss the next steps.