About the Event
National Tree Day is part of a season of exciting Winter events that is great for the whole family!
We'll be planting at Marlee Reserve in Parklands to help restore native bushland, protect part of our important local wetland system, and nurture habitat for some our unique species.
The day is a great chance to:
- get your hands in the soil and learn tips for good planting
- learn about our native plants and planting at home
- help build a city that is beautiful, stays cool and healthy, and supports our wildlife
- connect with groups and initiatives to care for the environment all year round!
For our youth, stepping up to plant today will help shape your future Mandurah as a vibrant and healthy city.
It's not just planting we've got in store, also come along for:
- games from Youth Services
- hands-on environmental and art activities
- native seedling giveaway
- a free BBQ
Things to know:
- Parking will be available at the carpark on Marlee Road (1km from event site) and at Black Swan Lake, Lakelands (1.8km from event site). Attendees are encouraged to carpool or take public transport to the nearby Lakelands Train Station.
- The Mandurah Fun Train will be available at the Marlee Road carpark to transport attendees to the event site. Attendees may also walk to site.
- A BBQ will be provided (incl. vegetarian option) and a water fountain will be available (remember to bring those drink bottles!)
- Bring suitable weatherproof clothing - hat, raincoat, long sleeves and pants, closed shoes. Gloves will be provided.
- Insect repellent and sunscreen are recommended.
- The event will proceed unless there is an extreme weather event.
- A social story is available for this event.
- An event site map is available.
- A communication board is available anda print out will be available at the event.
- ACROD parking will be available at the the Marlee Road carpark (1km from event site) and Black Swan Lake carpark (1.8km from event site). The walk from these carparks is along bitumen/cement and uneven limestone path.
- The Mandurah Fun Train will be available to transport attendees to the site from the Marlee Road carpark. The train has one section available to fit a fold up wheelchair, walker or pram.
- An all terrain walker will be available to help attendees navigate the site.
- The planting site is sandy and may be difficult to navigate. Temporary beach matting will be in place to improve the surface for access to activities.
- Toilets will be on-site - including 1 ADA Accessible toilet (2.4m x 2.35m).
- First aid will be on-site.
- Need to take a break? A chill-out zone with earmuffs, bean bags, and sensory activities will be available.
- Please get in touch if you would like to organise alternative arrangements.
So rug up, step outside, and nurture your environment this Winter!
No RSVP required, Registration will be required on the day. Download the event map.