The City of Mandurah is dedicated to supporting all customers and strives to make every effort to make our website accessible to people with disabilities.
The City of Mandurah’s website is built to provide access for a widening variety of newer technologies and web browsers, including assistive technologies for the Internet. For most visitors, our site is now easier to use, quicker to access, and more streamlined for updates and modifications.
Increasing & Decreasing Text and Zoom Size
Internet Explorer 6 & Lower
You can adjust the size of the text by selecting the ‘view’ menu and then the ‘text size’ menu, and choosing an option.
Internet Explorer 7 & Higher
With Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 you can make Web pages easier to see by changing the size of text and the zoom used on Web pages. If you change the text size, graphics and controls will remain in their original size but the text size will change, if you change the Zoom size, graphics and controls will be enlarged as well as text. You can change both the text size and zoom by clicking on ‘Page’ in the top right of your browser and selecting either text size or zoom.
- Hold down the control key and select + (plus) to increase the size of the page
- Hold down the control key and select - (minus) to decrease the size of the page
- Hold down the control key and select 0 (zero) to reset the page to its normal size
- Select the ‘view’ menu and then the ‘zoom’ menu, and choosing an option
Safari (Apple Macintosh)
- Hold down the control key and select + (plus) to increase the size of the text
- Hold down the control key and select - (minus) to decrease the size of the text
- Hold down the control key and select 0 (zero) to reset the text to its normal size
- Select the ‘view’ menu and then the ‘zoom’ menu, and choosing ‘Make Text Bigger’, ‘Make Text Smaller’, or ‘Make Text Normal Size’
- Select + (plus) to increase the size of the page
- Select - (minus) to decrease the size of the page
- Hold down control and select 0 (zero) to reset the page to its normal size
- Select the the arrow next to the magnifying glass icon at the bottom right of the browser window to choose a zoom level
Alternately you can hold down the 'Ctrl' key while moving the scroll wheel on your mouse. This feature works with Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer 7+ web and above, but browser Internet Explorer 6 does not have this feature.
PDF is the open standard for electronic document distribution worldwide. Adobe PDF is a universal file format that preserves all of the fonts, formatting, colours, and graphics of any source document, regardless of the application and platform used to create it. Adobe PDF files are compact and can be shared, viewed, navigated, and printed exactly as intended by anyone with the free Adobe Acrobat Software.
Adobe offers a number of resources to aid in accessing PDF documents including an online conversion of PDF documents to plain text or HTML documents, as well as providing free downloads of Adobe Reader.
Maintaining documents in PDF format has been employed by the City of Mandurah due to the nature of the documents, and the requirement for preserving their integrity.